DIY Products

Welcome to the new DIY Products section of the Newsroom. The content on this page will continue to grow throughout the tax season and will include press releases, product comparison sheets, graphics and other content for reporters, writers and reviewers who are interested in learning more about H&R Block’s DIY products.

Thank you for visiting our page and please check back to see our most recent additions to the content.

Online Tax Preparation Review: H&R Block, TurboTax, TaxAct
If using your smartphone for any portion of your tax preparation is important to you, H&R Block's service may be the best choice.
22
Mar
2017
www.consumerreports.org
H&R Block, TaxAct, TaxSlayer, and TurboTax: Which tax program is right for you?
If you’ve previously used H&R Block, what you’ll find with the new version is that the interface continues to be refined. 2016’s interview process is easy to follow and information on the page is concise and clearly organized.
17
Mar
2017
www.macworld.com
H&R Block More Zero 2017 (Tax Year 2016)
H&R Block More Zero is our Editors' Choice, in part because of its support for the Schedule A. It also has consistent navigation tools and well-executed, varied guidance throughout. It has a solid, businesslike, cohesive feel that the others don't, and which can serve to allay fears about doing your taxes on something as small as a smartphone.
07
Mar
2017
www.pcmag.com
Tax Help for the Self-Employed
Like most other tax programs for the self-employed, H&R Block Premium lets you import data you used previously with other programs, specifically TurboTax and Quicken. Experts at FitSmallBusiness especially recommend this software for nonprofit business owners. Unlike many of its competitors, this program includes Form 990, a necessary document for nonprofit tax reporting.
23
Feb
2017
www.nextavenue.org
A Review of H&R Block’s 2017 Tax Preparation Software (Tax Year 2016)
H&R Block still offers a trimmed-down, less-expensive tax filing option online. However, this year it did expand its More Zero option to include itemized deductions. H&R Block’s list of supported tax forms for the Free edition is surprisingly robust. It includes not only your basic 1040 forms, but also mortgage and student loan interest forms, tuition payment forms, and interest income. So, who can file taxes for free with More Zero? A lot of people, it turns out! H&R Block estimates that six in 10 taxpayers will be eligible for More Zero this year.
21
Feb
2017
www.doughroller.net
RSS feed - H&R Block View all headlines
February
16,
2017
With more than six decades in the tax preparation business, industry inventor H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) knows when it comes to tax prep, clients value a fast, simple and accurate experience. The H&R Block Mobile Tax Prep App delivers these ...
Read more from this release
February
09,
2017
H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) offers five free tax preparation services for taxpayers, including working with a tax professional, a do-it-yourself product that doesn’t have income restrictions and special programs resulting from partnerships ...
Read more from this release
January
23,
2017
  Building off its longstanding partnership in providing free online tax filing services, H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) and United Way today announced enhanced security features to MyFreeTaxes designed to further safeguard taxpayer information. ...
Read more from this release
January
11,
2017
About 60 percent of taxpayers use a professional tax preparer while the other 40 percent do their own taxes, mostly using DIY software or programs. For some taxpayers, deciding how to file is easy –preparing their own return or getting help ...
Read more from this release

Images and Assets

Contact Us

If you are a client, call 1-800-HRBLOCK or visit the customer support page.

Client Support

If you are a client using H&R Block's DIY solutions, please call 1-800-HRBLOCK or visit the customer support page for assistance.