We look at your life through tax…and find ways to help.
H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider, preparing 1 in every 6 U.S. tax returns
H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider, having prepared more than 625 million tax returns since 1955. There are approximately 11,000 company-owned and franchise retail locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, and on U.S. military bases around the world. An H&R Block branded retail office is located within 5 miles of most Americans.
H&R Block employs over 80,000 highly trained tax professionals across the country. In fiscal 2013, H&R Block had revenues of $2.9 billion and prepared 25.4 million tax returns worldwide.
Serving taxpayers with more than 11,000 retail offices and digital tax solutions
- H&R Block employs approximately 9,000 bilingual tax professionals and client service professionals
- H&R Block clients prepared more than 7.6 million tax returns through our digital solutions in FY 2013
- H&R Block’s digital business has been serving do-it-yourself clients for more than 15 years
Employing 80,000 highly trained tax professionals nationwide
- Our tax professionals have access to The Tax Institute at H&R Block, staffed primarily by CPAs, Enrolled Agents, tax attorneys and former IRS agents
- TTI is the company’s independent research group that provides objective information and analysis on the real-world implications of tax policies and proposals on individuals and small businesses
- A typical client is served by an H&R Block tax professional with more than a decade of experience and hundreds of hours of training
- Our tax professionals progress through a 14-level certification program, culminating in master tax advisor status
- To be re-hired, H&R Block tax professionals must complete at least 15 hours of continuing education annually
- H&R Block’s tax professionals are required to train on systems, policies and procedures up to an additional 35 hours of education annually.
Saving taxpayers money
- In 2013, H&R Block helped clients claim more than $50 billion in tax refunds, credits and other government benefits
Serving the military
- H&R Block has tax offices on 100 U.S. military bases around the world and continues to grow
- 43 percent of active, reserve and retired service members used H&R Block for tax preparation in 2012
- More than 1,300 military spouses took H&R Block’s Income Tax Course for free, which enables them to pursue careers as H&R Block tax preparers
History of excellence
H&R Block hasn’t forgotten its Main Street roots as it’s grown from a hometown company to a global firm. Brothers Henry W. Bloch and Richard A. Bloch founded the company in 1955 based on a culture of providing superior client service and a pledge to stand behind their work.